Building the case for rich-media presentations
Sales is only getting tougher day by day. 61 percent of sales professionals feel that selling has become harder than what it was five years ago. Moreover, B2B buyers are typically 57 percent of the way to a buying decision before actively engaging with sales. Much of your success in B2B sales depends on how you put your ideas forward. This again boils down to how you create engaging sales presentations.
Today’s business world has moved far ahead of simple, text-heavy sales presentations. This is the era of rich-media presentations, which can enable you to engage visually-hungry audiences in a digitally-driven business environment.
But do you think creating rich-media presentations is a challenge? You are right. It requires time, creative thinking, and of course, money to come up with a slide deck that talks to your audience in your business’ voice.
Creating rich-media presentations to compel your audience to listen to you
Rich-media presentations empower you with the ability to pitch, influence, persuade, engage and inspire prospects. As you transit from text-heavy slides to rich-media content, you need to redesign your presentation to make them more like screen-cuts from movies yet are easily customizable by your sales teams.Here are a few ways to use rich-media content to create engaging sales presentations:
- Give designers the latest templates
Creating your slide deck for a sales pitch can be time-consuming. About 67.5% of presenters design their own presentations, while only 4.9% outsource the task to a designer. 47% said that it took them more than 8 hours to design their slide deck, while 28.5% said it took them between 5 and 8 hours to design their presentation (Source).
But you can make the process simpler by unlocking some exciting presentation templates available online. Not only do these ready made templates save time but also boost the visual attractiveness of your slides.
Here are some tips to get the best presentation templates:
- Know the nature of your brand. Is it casual or formal? A formal, B2B presentation calls for an uncluttered and crisp layout, while an informal one fares well in a dynamic template.
- Focus on visual appeal of the templates. Go for a template that balances text with imagery and creates an engaging, refined and splendid slideshow.
- Choose a template that supports visual aids like charts and graphs. Moreover, the template should allow you to make necessary edits as and when needed.
- The presentation template you choose should offer a wide selection of colors. Consider saturated colors that offer a pleasant contrast to highlight your text and communicate the emotion behind your message.
Your presentation template should offer different typography options that complements your brand. Make sure they are fun, elegant, and professional to augment your messaging.
- Incorporate animations and special effects to your maximum advantage
One of the biggest advantages of rich-media presentations, especially of the ones that use animations and special effects, is that they are extraordinarily entertaining and engrossing. Animations are useful in simplifying complex concepts and maintaining interest of your audience. This animation video from Slack is an example. They charge up your presentations with artistically integrated logos, color schemes, and brand images that develop the overall persona of your brand.
Follow these five tips to animate your presentations in the best way:
- Make sure your animations don’t overwhelm your business’ audience. Going overboard with animations can overpower the visual impact or messaging of your B2B sales presentation.
- Control the timing of your animations.You can go to ‘speed setting’ to do so. Make sure you apply the same speed setting so that the effects and your speech go hand-in-hand.
- Always be consistent with the animations you use. It’s best to stick to two, at the most three styles of animation.
- Your animation direction should have a steady flow. Follow a direction that maintains the slide-to-slide connection for better understanding and takes your audience towards a desired conclusion.
- You can slip in a few transitions in your slideshow if it helps you tell your story better. If you are using them with specific element animations, then make sure they balance each other out.
- Be passionate about visual graphs and charts
To create engaging B2B sales presentations, you need to make the big point in a concise way. Your sales deck must explain what you do and how the niche you are serving needs your solution. What could be better than clear and meticulously designed charts and graphs for the purpose? These tools help you in clarifying trends, displaying and summarizing numerical data, and simplifying your idea for your audience to decipher.
Here are key elements you need to focus on while creating graphs and charts for your presentation:
- Color: Make sure the color of your visual aids and background of the slide have enough contrast to enhance the visibility of your main data points.
- Axes: It is important to set the scale of the axes to be appropriate to the data being shown.
- Data Labels: You can use data labels to make your data values more prominent in your charts. It should be placed near the graphical representation of the data point, whether it is at the end of a bar graph, inside the pie section in a pie graph or above a data point on a line graph.
- Title: The title of your graph should be centered around the interpretation of the data, not the data itself. It should be well-crafted and clear for your audience to maintain interest in your slideshow.
A discussion on rich media content for presentations, especially in the context of B2B model, would be incomplete without through some light on emerging technologies like virtual reality (VR) and augmented reality (AR). AR market is expected to rise dramatically to about $90 billion by 2020, while VR should touch $21.5 billion in the same period. (Source)
As such, it would be an excellent time for B2B business professionals like you to build up on these technologies. Here are a few ways you can use them:
- Product demonstrations to create an immersive experience for your prospects.
- Training and tutorial videos, frequently-asked-questions list, and online manuals.
- Visual storytelling
Here’s how they can benefit you:
- The return on investment from VR/AR is higher than cost.
- VR/AR can provide a personalized buying experience to your target customers.
- VR/AR boost emotional engagement by creation a multi-sensory perception.
- VR/AR provide the multiple stakeholders involved in B2B business a realistic experience that can shorten the sales cycle.
As a conclusion, it’s apt to say that it’s only rich media content that can take B2B a notch higher in a competitive landscape. Such presentations can surely help you make the big leap from “good” to “great.”
By utilizing cloud-based rich-media presentation and sales enablement solutions like Zoomifier, you can come up with sales decks that wows your audience and enables you to sell better. Give it a shot for your next pitch meeting.